Your friendly local source of quality food and drink in the heart of Hastings Old Town
The Crown is an independently run freehouse in the heart of Hastings Old Town at the foot of the country park, and a stone's throw away from the beach.
We serve modern British food in a friendly informal environment using locally sourced, seasonal ingredients.
We are proud of our curated drinks selection which includes local real ales, craft beers, fine European and English wine and a specialist gin and whisky selection.
Join us for a cup of coffee from Hastings based Roar Gill roastery, a loose leaf tea from Proper Tea Co in Pett and a slice of cake.
Our walls are host to an ever-changing exhibition of art, sculpture and photography. We play our favourite music and have fresh flowers on all our tables. We look forward to welcoming you.
From 10 am–12 noon our tables are available for you to walk in and sit at. Feel free to bring your own newspaper / laptop / book / friend and enjoy our pub during this time.
From 12 noon onwards, our indoor tables are bookable on our website:
- We will be limiting the amount of people inside The Crown, so recommend that you book a table if you wish to guarantee a space. A reminder that a table must only comprise of 6 people.
- When booking a table, please include children requiring high chairs in the total number, as we cannot add high chairs to smaller tables due to social distancing.
- Two hour slot for each booking, so please let us know if you’re running late. If you would prefer a longer slot, please let us know.
- If you would like a table at short notice, we may have a space available so please call or pop in to check availability.
By welcoming you to The Crown, we ask that you follow our guidelines to help us provide a safe visit for everyone:
- Please do not visit The Crown if you are feeling unwell.
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the pub, and we encourage its use for all guests.
- Please enter the pub via the corner door (under the crown sculpture); there may be a queue as we greet each customer.
- Please wear a face covering when entering, exiting and moving around the pub, unless you have an exemption. You can remove your face covering when you are seated at the table.
- In line with government guidance, table service will be provided to all customers, so you must have a seat/table in order to be served.
- Children must remain at the table. We have limited highchairs, so cannot guarantee one for your visit.
- We will store contact details provided on our electronic booking system to assist the Government in its Track and Trace programme. Please let us know if you would like to opt-out of the scheme.
- Card payment preferred.
We look forward to welcoming you back to The Crown.
Any questions, please get in touch: email@example.com